International Services Program (ISP)
ACPE’s International Services Program offers professional degree program Certification and Precertification, consultation, and training to stakeholders around the world who seek guidance related to quality assurance and advancement of pharmacy education. The expertise, global perspectives, staff resources, and formal processes within the ISP support international stakeholders to advance pharmacy education and quality in their respective countries. ISP was established in January 2011.
- Associate Dean for Clinical Services and Practice Transformation
Baltimore, Maryland, USA (Chair)
- Professor Vice Dean, Accreditation, Quality Assurance & Assessment, and Professor of Pharmaceutics & Biopharmaceutics at the Jordan University of Science and Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy
Amman, Jordan (Vice Chair/Chair-Elect)
- Vice-Chancellor of JSS University, Mysuru
- Provost and Chief Academic Officer at Howard University
Washington, DC, USA
- Vice Rector for Planning and Development and Professor of Clinical Pharmacy, King Saud University College of Pharmacy
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- President of Pharm Consult NV, LLC
Reno, Nevada, USA
- Associate Professor in School of Pharmacy, Kaohsiung Medical University
- Professor, Department of Pharmacy Practice and Sciences, and Director, International Programs and Residency Programs
ISP Advisory Group (ISPAG): 2018 – 2019 Term
Ola Ghaleb Al Ahdab, PhDAbu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Abdullah M. Alhammad, PharmD, BCPSRiyadh, Saudi Arabia
Lilian Azzopardi, BPharm (Hons), MPhil, PhD, MRPharmS, FFIPMsida, Malta
Leida Barrios, MScPanama City, Panama
Tina Penick Brock, RPh, MS, EdDMelbourne, Victoria, Australia
Rula M. Darwish, PhDAmman, Jordan
Rümeysa Demirdamar, PhDLefke, Northern Cyprus
Nettie Dzabala, MSc PharmBlantyre, Malawi
Manohar D. Karvekar, PhD, MPharmBangalore, India
Sherief Khalifa, PhDAjman, United Arab Emirates
Rosalyn Cain King, BS, PharmD, MPH, RPh, FNPhASilver Spring, Maryland, USA
Beom-Jin Lee, PhDYeongtong-Gu, Suwon, South Korea
Silvana Nair Leite, PhDFlorianópolis, Santa Catarina, Brazil
Donald E. Letendre, PharmDIowa City, Iowa, USA
Jih-Heng Li, BPharm, PhDKaohsiung City, Taiwan
Arijana Meštrovic, MPharm, DrScZagreb, Croatia
Imelda G. Peña, RPh, DrPHManila, Philippines
Mohamad Rahal, PhDBeirut, Lebanon
Antonio Sánchez Pozo, PhDGranada, Spain
Sumon Sakolchai, PhDThailand
P.T. Thomas, BPharm, MS, PhDPetaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Daisy Volmer, PhDTartu, Estonia
Certification of Professional Degree Programs
ACPE ISP Quality Criteria may be voluntarily adopted by degree programs in pharmacy outside of the United States.
Certification Quality Criteria
International Quality Criteria for Certification of Professional Degree Programs in Pharmacy
Adopted: June 23, 2016; Released: July 1, 2016
Policies and Procedures
The ACPE Board has adopted policies and procedures that apply to the Certification and Precertification of professional degree programs in pharmacy that are based outside the United States of America (USA) and its territories; namely, Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, and the Virgin Islands.
Application for Certification:
ACPE accepts applications for Certification for programs that are a minimum of four academic years in length.
A summary of the steps in the application process and associated documentation, forms, flowcharts, and timelines are available for download.
Forms and Templates
Deadlines for Submission of Application for Certification*
Application for Precertification:
ACPE staff is currently working on drafting a summary of the steps in the application process and associated documentation, forms, flowcharts, and timelines. The website will be updated once the documents are internally finalized.
Please e-mail us at “firstname.lastname@example.org” with any questions or inquiries.
- Interim Report Template (June 2017)
The fee structure for ACPE international services and related resources are available below.
For Estimated Total Fees for First Seven Years of Certification:
For Estimated Fees for Future Years:
ACPE has a rich history of engagements and promoting information exchange internationally among organizations and agencies involved in the quality assurance of pharmacy education.
In addition, ACPE was contracted by MSH to develop a report on quality assurance of continuing education and continuing professional development. The report was entitled “Continuing Pharmaceutical Education: Guide to Establishing Quality Assured and Accredited Programs.”
Hosting International Visitors
ACPE has hosted visitors from around the world, and has provided assistance to many countries in their efforts to establish or develop their own quality assurance systems for pharmacy education. If you are interested in visiting ACPE, please e-mail ISP Director, Mike Rouse, at email@example.com
- Future Meetings and Presentations
- May 2019 International Commission Meeting: May 5-7, 2019 in Chicago, IL, USA
- November 2019 International Commission Meeting: November 10-12, 2019 in Chicago, IL, USA
- Future Calls
- January 22, 2019 International Commission Conference Call
- March 19, 2019 International Commission Conference Call
ACPE offers consultation in a broad range of areas related to quality assurance and advancement of pharmacy education, including:
- Professional degree programs in pharmacy
- Continuing pharmacy education/continuing professional development
- In-service training
- QA systems/development of standards
ACPE offers and conducts training and workshops on topics such as preparation of self-studies, evaluator training, assessment, curricular development, continuing professional development, and standards development. Training programs may also be customized to meet the needs of global stakeholders.
To view a list of all programs outside of the United States that have been granted Certification Status by ACPE, please click one of the following buttons.
- Professional degree program certification
- Workshops and training programs
ACPE is also engaged in numerous international activities, programs, and initiatives. See ISP Collaborations.
ACPE is committed to promoting information exchange among organizations and agencies involved in the quality assurance of pharmacy education. Over the past several years, members of the ACPE staff have been active in the International Forum for Quality Assurance of Pharmacy Education, an initiative of the International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP). Members of staff from ACPE have participated in several meetings of the Forum.
ACPE’s mission is to assure and advance pharmacy education. While its primary focus and the majority of its activity and effort will always be in the USA, ACPE believes that to fulfill its mission, it also should be involved beyond its borders. ACPE acknowledges that it can contribute to and learn from experiences and initiatives in other countries. ACPE also recognizes the benefits derived from monitoring and influencing global trends and developments within the profession of pharmacy, within education generally, and in the specific areas of quality assurance and quality improvement of pharmacy education.
The objectives of the Forum are:
- To promote excellence in education for the profession of pharmacy
- To provide an international forum for information exchange, collaboration, and cooperation in the area of quality assurance of pharmacy education, both in terms of entry-to-practice degree programs, as well as post-qualification continuing pharmacy education and continuing professional development
- To facilitate and promote communication between individuals, agencies, associations, and other bodies actively involved or interested in quality assurance of pharmacy education, with a view to:
• The establishment of systems of quality assurance in countries where no such formal systems exist, and
• The continuous quality improvement of existing systems of quality assurance.
The system of accreditation used in the USA may also be different from quality assurance approaches elsewhere. ACPE is an independent, autonomous agency, and in many other countries, quality assurance is the responsibility of a governmental, professional, or regulatory body. The framework and most or all of the “core principles” contained in the standards should, however, be applicable in most environments and, if modified to meet local needs and circumstances, the ACPE standards may be able to serve as a basis for the development of country-specific standards.
ACPE’s ISP has developed the International Quality Criteria and offers Certification of Professional Degree Programs in Pharmacy outside of the USA and territories.
To submit a request for information, submit the form below: